Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rainy Days and Birthdays

Today's constant drizzle made me think about how much I am looking forward to rainy days when I come home. I have warm and fuzzy images of cuddling up with my little one reading and enjoying each other as she grows and learns. I know that this may not be the most accurate view of what our average homeschool days are going to look like, but it gives me a light to follow through the drudgery that is working in the public school system and putting my last few weeks in.

My little one's 6th birthday is this Sunday. The day she was born was a Saturday and her first whole day was Mother's Day. What an awesome gift! Not only because she was our first and I was finally "really" a mom, but because she was healthy and strong. See, she came 8 weeks early and only measured at 28 weeks gestation. She was our 2 lb. 2 oz. , 13 in. long bundle. Due to health complications that I didn't even know that I had, she had stopped growing in the womb at around 28 weeks and needed to be taken by c-section after I was put on bedrest and went through a battery of tests. She came out breathing on her own and pretty much maintained her own body temperature! These both being quite a feat for most micro-preemies like her. She only stayed in the hospital for 40 days and came home right before my birthday in June at a whopping 3 lb. 10oz. So, for all these reasons, and the fact that we have all but decided that she will be our only one (unless God has other plans) birthdays are a big deal in our house, especially for our little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment