Friday, February 8, 2013

Flexibilty

Though there are days where I worry that she isn't learning enough or that she's not "on track", the only thing I am concerned with today that she is able to spend quality time with my mom as she is transitioning into a new home. The flexibility of homeschooling allows me to say, "Yes, she can go with you for two days, actually the weather is going to be bad today just take her today after she is done with her work." It's also a nice feeling to wake up on a "snow day" and not have to stress out about whether we have school or not. I set the schedule. I know what is best for my child. It is so liberating!

I would never discourage someone for sending their child to public or private school. I know that my choice for my child is not the best for everyone. I think that is why I get frustrated when others feel that they need to express their doubts and concern about me homeschooling my child. They know what's best for their family and their child and I know what's best for mine.

I also love the flexibility of being able to homeschool year by year and not have to know what is going to be best for us or our child when she is older. I do not know if we will homeschool through high school. I do not know what God and his time will bring us. I do however know that today I amenjoying the peace that comes with knowing that we are in the right place at the right time in our lives for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment